If you own a Huawei device, you may want to consider protecting yourself with a VPN. Yeah, I found out the hard way after my mobile got hacked in a coffee shop a while back. Don’t get me wrong, the device itself is quite safe. However, every platform could use protection and some internet freedom. With that being said, let me shed some light on some of the best VPNs for Huawei smartphones.
Best VPN for Huawei Smartphones
- 1 Huawei Smartphones – The Best There Is
- 2 Why Need a VPN on Huawei Mobiles?
- 3 How to Install a VPN on your Huawei Smartphone
- 4 Best VPN for Huawei Smartphones
- 5 Best VPN for Huawei Smartphones- Final Thoughts
Huawei Smartphones – The Best There Is
You want to get a Huawei but have no idea which ones to choose from? Take a look at the following list:
- Huawei Mate 20/Mate 20 Pro/Mate 20 X
- Huawei Mate 10 and Mate 10 Pro
- P20 and P20 Pro
- 20 Lite
- 10 Lite
- Huawei P10 Lite
- Huawei Mate SE
Why Need a VPN on Huawei Mobiles?
When you get a VPN for your Huawei device, it will surely grant you a lot of benefits. It will encrypt all of your data, making it secure as it comes and goes from your device.
The VPN protects you from anyone who tries to spy on what you’re doing online. That includes your own ISP and the government. Additionally, by connecting to a remote location, you get to access foreign services, including TV streams, sports competitions, and much more. Aside from digital privacy, you get to browse the web without any restrictions.
How to Install a VPN on your Huawei Smartphone
VPNs are not hard to install or use. If anything, they’re rather simple. Setting a VPN connection Huawei smartphones occurs by going through a few steps. Let’s take a look at how it all goes down, shall we?
- First, you need to pick a VPN from the list I provided below. These are credible VPNs that work pretty well with Huawei.
- Next, sign up with this service.
- After that, head over to Google Play Store and search for your VPN’s application. If it’s not there, download it straight from the VPN’s website.
- Now, activate the VPN client and log in with your VPN credentials.
- Pick any server you want from the list and hit connect.
- Check if your connection took place by using this IP Identifier.
- If a VPN connection is active, you can unblock restricted content and browse the web anonymously.
Best VPN for Huawei Smartphones
Even though it is a bit more expensive than most providers on the market. ExpressVPN is worth every penny. I advise that you make use of ExpressVPN for your Huawei products. They do have an easy-to-use client on Android-based phones and it’s pretty simple to navigate as well.
If you’re streaming content on Huawei, you have 3000 servers to tap into in over 160 locations around the world. Their website is an excellent place to visit, especially if you’re still a novice in the industry. The page is stuffed with detailed guides and walkthroughs to get you up and running with the service. If that’s not enough, you can always contact their chat support, which is available 24/7.
ExpressVPN respects a user’s privacy. That’s why it offers industrial-strength encryption, kill switch, and DNS leak protection. Not to mention that they do take Cryptocurrency in case you don’t like to provide your credit card information.
- A tad pricier than other providers.
Want to learn more about this VPN, skim through this ExpressVPN review.
When I first tried IPVanish, I figured out it should be on the list immediately. I tested their speed first and it turned out to be way above average. You’ll notice that their download is pretty fast and a connection to a server takes seconds. On the other hand, IPVanish supports anonymous torrenting on every server they own.
One problem though, IPVanish wasn’t able to unblock Netflix on any of its servers. This is a drawback to consider while picking a VPN. Netflix is indeed one of the biggest streaming services in the world.
As for other features, this VPN excels in more than you might fathom. With IPVanish, you get 40,000+ shared IP addresses, access to 10 simultaneous connections at once, amazing customer support, unlimited P2P traffic, and 1000+ servers around the world. What more could anyone ask for in a VPN?
- User-friendly apps for Huawei.
- Thousands of servers in 60+ countries.
- Allows 10 concurrent connections per single account.
- A zero-traffic logging policy.
- Great download speeds.
- Speedy live chat support
- Doesn’t include a free trial.
- 7-day refund period.
- Unable to access Netflix.
Learn more about what this VPN has to offer in this IPVanish Review.
Reviews are not meant to be biased but based on what I saw, I have to give NordVPN credit. What it offers may match or even beat any VPN on our list today. Let’s get to the facts.
NordVPN gives you access to more than 5000 servers in 60 countries. Even ExpressVPN doesn’t offer that many. When it comes to its simultaneous connections, I think 6 is a decent number, although IPVanish offers more.
This robust VPN provider focuses a lot on security and privacy. That’s why it includes the likes of 2048-bit encryption, strong DNS leak protection, kill switches, with Cryptocurrency payment options such as Bitcoin, PayPal and credit cards.
If you’re just looking to bypass regional restrictions, you can make use of their Smart DNS service, SmartPlay. You may like this option because NordVPN has some slow servers. Well, perfection can’t be reached in the end. Even the grandest can have minor minus points.
- A very large server network across 62+ countries.
- Latest technologies and security protocols.
- Unique security features including Double VPN and CyberSec.
- 30-day cash back guarantee.
- Powerful apps for Android.
- Unlimited bandwidth.
- Slow speeds on far servers.
- Free trial requires credit card info.
NordVPN provides more than that. Check it out in this NordVPN review.
Streaming requires speed and BulletVPN is the one to offer that. Go to your Play Store, check how efficient their application is. So far, I haven’t seen negative reviews considering this provider.
A top-shelf product needs to back that title up. Well, when I tried this VPN, I noticed that it focuses a lot on security. BulletVPN includes a great variety in protocols (including OpenVPN and IKEv2), 256-bit encryption, and 4096-bit RSA keys, making it a good choice for those who want to protect their Huawei devices.
It has a very small server network compared to the others. That’s pretty frustrating since BulletVPN isn’t cheap. They should add more if they want to compete with the giants in the industry.
- Strict no-logs policy
- Excellent apps for Android.
- Great for unblocking US content.
- Doesn’t keep logs.
- Includes a Kill Switch option.
- You ger 3 devices per license.
- Refund policy goes up to 30 days.
- Very few servers in 30 countries.
- Expensive with little features to offer.
But wait there’s more in this BulletVPN review.
Best VPN for Huawei Smartphones- Final Thoughts
If you love Huwaei products, and you want to use them up to their full potential, you should use a VPN. I hope that I was able to shed some light on the VPN to use on Huawei. Take it from the experts, having a VPN on your device will take your online experience to a whole other level. So, did you make up your mind? Let me know which VPN you’ve chosen to go for in the comment section below.