Unblock and watch Netflix in South Africa using VPN or Smart DNS Proxies
Watch American Netflix in South Africa using VPN
When you visit the Netflix website, your ZA IP address gets detected. You’ll see this message “Sorry, Netflix is not available in your country yet.” A VPN service allows you to change your local IP address and acquire an IP address in a country where Netflix is available. Change your IP address to an American, Canadian, or UK IP address. Skim through VPN’s other features.
- If you choose a US VPN server, you can access all channels that are geoblocked outside the USA. (Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Hulu, WWE Network, Crackle, Pandora, CBS All Access, FXNow..)
- Not only does VPN change and hide your IP address, it encrypts all your traffic too.
- It’s simple to install VPN on iPhone, iPad, Android, PC, and Mac. There are VPN apps you can download and use which make setting up VPN easy.
- DNS Hijacking and Transparent Proxies have no effect on VPN.
- Most streaming devices do not have VPN clients i.e. are not compatible with VPN. Set up VPN on a VPN enabled router and connect your device to it. This applies to Nexus Player, Apple TV, Xbox, Smart TV, Blu-ray Players, Chromecast, Amazon Fire TV, and Roku.
Only settle for fast and reliable VPN providers. When you search for VPN providers online, you’ll find many that promise no bandwidth limit and fast streaming. Unfortunately, this is not always true. Find a VPN provider, like ExpressVPN, that guarantees your money back if you are not satisfied with its services within 30 days.
Unlocator does not support unblocking American Netflix at the moment. Use ExpressVPN to watch Netflix abroad. ExpressVPN do offer Smart DNS proxies for compatible devices.
American Netflix in South Africa Unblock using Smart DNS Proxies
In order to access Netflix in South Africa, you have to mask your IP address i.e. hide your true location. Smart DNS enables you to do that. When your streaming device is set up with Smart DNS, you can access any Netflix version you want on it. Choosing the American Netflix version is preferred because of its superior library of movies and TV shows. A lot of people are using Smart DNS to unblock Netflix because of its many advantages.
- Smart DNS allows you to switch between different versions of Netflix. Watch US Netflix, UK Netflix, or Canadian Netflix using the same Smart DNS configuration.
- Smart DNS does not consume your Internet speed. This allows you to stream your favorite movies online using your full Internet speed.
- All your streaming devices are compatible with Smart DNS. Watch Netflix on iPhone, iPad, Android, Chromecast, Nexus Player, PC, Apple TV, Xbox, or any other devices connected to the Internet.
- Local IP addresses do not get changed when using Smart DNS. Continue to access all ZA websites and services.
- Most ISPs (Internet Service Providers) in South Africa don’t apply DNS Hijacking or Transparent Proxies. Make sure the same applies to your ISP because such policies can make Smart DNS inefficient.
To test the Netflix library in South Africa, try the 7-day free trial of Unlocator, they do have DNS codes for 159 online channels from all around the world. You can also check their setup videos and screenshots.
Unblock and Watch Netflix in South Africa – Useful Info
Netflix is available on almost all streaming devices.
- iPhone/iPad/Apple TV
- Google Nexus Player/Chromecast
- Amazon Fire TV/Amazon Fire TV Stick
- Smart TVs (Sony, Panasonic, Samsung, Sharp, Vizio, Toshiba, Philips)
- Blu-ray Players
- Xbox One/Xbox 360
- Playsation (PS3/PS4/PS Vita)
- Android Phones and Tablets
- Wii/Wii U
- Nintendo 3ds
- Boxee Box
Along with Netflix, you can unblock other US-only channels and streaming services from around the world.
- Hulu Plus
- WWE Network
- CBS All Access
- HBO Go
- Fox Soccer 2go
- NFL Game Pass
- NHL GameCenter
- BBC iPlayer
- BEIN Sports
- Now TV
Change Netflix region to USA Watch Netflix USA in South Africa
So there you have it. Unblock and watch Netflix and other geoblocked content in South Africa. Some people do face some issues when they use Smart DNS or VPN for the first time. If you are one of them, do leave a comment. I’ll gladly help you out with watching Netflix in South Africa using Smart DNS or VPN.