Pokemon Go has just been launched in the American App Store and Google Play Store, quickly turning into one of the highest grossing games. Unfortunately for Pokemon fans living in UK, Canada, France, Brazil, Germany, France, Australia, or elsewhere outside USA, Pokemon is not yet available to download. It might take weeks or months before Pokemon Go becomes available internationally. Luckily, there is a workaround that allows you to download Pokemon Go outside USA. Read the following guide on how to change your App Store region or Google Play Store region to USA using VPN, and get Pokemon Go today.
Download Pokemon Go outside USA in Canada/UK
Play Pokemon Go outside USA on iOS – Change your App Store to USA on Ipad / Iphone and Ipod
Each iTunes region has different apps and games to download. Pokemon Go is currently only available in the American App Store. Use the following steps to switch the iTunes store on your Apple TV, iPad, and iPhone to USA. Notice that these instructions will enable you to get a US iTunes account without the need for an American credit card.
- On your PC/Mac, in iTunes, log out of your account.
- At the bottom of the iTunes Store, change your region to US.
- Go find any free app.
- Click ‘Get’
- You can now create an account and with the ‘no card’ option. You’ll create a new user name and password for this ‘new account’
- Enter an address that’s local to that region while selecting no card.
- From your iPhone, iPad, or Apple TV, log out of your iTunes account from within your settings.
- Login with new account.
- Your have successfully changed your iTunes region to US.
- Download the Pokemon Go app outside USA.
Remember: Using VPN is extremely important to encrypt your traffic and provide you with an extra layer of privacy and security. That especially applies in cases where you are catching Pokemons in public places such as hotels, parks, cafes, hospitals, or airports. Using a VPN is also essential if you are using a public WiFi Hotspot.
How to Download Pokemon outside USA on Android – Change Google Play Store Region to USA
If you are using an Android Smartphone or tablet, you have to change your Google Play Store region to USA. In order to do so, you need to spoof your online location using VPN. VPN allows you to hide your real IP address and get an American IP address instead. This will help you unblock American apps and games that are not available in UK, Canada, France, or Australia. Follow these steps to bypass “This app is not compatible with any of your devices” error message and download Pokemon Go on Android outside USA
- Sign up with a VPN provider which has VPN servers in USA.
- Install the VPN app provided by your VPN provider on your Android device.
- Choose a VPN server in USA.
- Establish a VPN connection.
- On your Android device, go to Settings -> Apps.
- Under “Downloaded”, search for the Google Play Store app.
- Click on it.
- Press “Clear Data” and “Force Stop.”
- Exit settings.
- Relaunch the Google Play Store App.
- Download Pokemon Go to your Android outside USA.
I was successfully able to download and play Pokemon Go on my Android outside USA using ExpressVPN. You should be able to change your Google Play Store region to USA using any of the VPN providers listed below. Using VPN along with GPS spoofing will also enable you to catch Pokemon without having to move.
How to Fake Pokemon Go GPS Location?
Beware. Niantic has implemented strict measures to prevent Pokemon Go players from faking their GPS location. Implement the following steps at your own discretion.
Faking your GPS location basically allows you to catch Pokemons from anywhere without having to move.
- First, you need to root your device. Tutorials on how this can be done are found here.
- Then, install an app called “Xposed Framework”
- Launch Xposed Framework and scroll to “Downloads”
- Search for “FakeLocation” and download the latest version.
- activate the module in the “Modules” section of the Xposed installer
- Restart your phone.
- Open the “FakeLocation” app.
- Then, select “Settings”.
- Turn “System Apps” and refresh the apps list.
- Turn “GPS Mocking” on and choose your location. You can find the GPS coordinates of the Pokemon you want to catch here.
- Before launching the Pokemon Go app, make sure you have launched your VPN app and are connected to a VPN server closest to the location you have chosen in the FakeLocation app.
Play Pokemon Go outside USA – How to Download using VPN
VPN will allow you to download Pokemon Go outside USA on your iPhone, iPad, Android. You can also use VPN to change the Pokemon Go servers you are connected to. Thus practically avoiding notorious Pokemon Go server crashes.