There are a lot of anime lovers and manga readers in the world, and most of them are in the US. So Americans are fascinated by Japanese content, no harm there. The only problem is that they can’t access any of it from where they are residing. This brings us to why you would need a Japanese IP in the first place. Regardless of which IP you’re changing into, getting a new IP address would help you overcome region blocking and remove geo-restrictions on media content. All of this is made possible with a VPN service provider. Whatever the reason that’s compelling you to get a Japanese IP, it can’t be done without a VPN. Read all about the process in this tutorial below:
How to get a Japanese IP address
Get a Japanese IP Address Outside Japan with a VPN
In order to access Japanese content, you need to spoof your location and get a Japanese IP address. You have to appear to be connecting from Japan as opposed to where you really are located so that you get the privilege of a Japanese local. You can attain all of that with a VPN service provider. Once connected to one, you will be able to access all of the Japanese based content that you want.
A VPN is a private network that connects your device to servers somewhere on the Internet. This allows you to browse the Internet using that server’s Internet connection. If that server is in a different place, you will appear as if you are located in that country. As a result, you’ll be granted the IP address of that country. This will enable you to access the content you normally can’t in your own country. What you have to do to get a Japanese IP address is the following:
- Sign up with a VPN that provides VPN servers in Japan like ExpressVPN.
- Download and install your VPN app on your PC, Mac, Android or iOS device.
- Launch the application and sign in.
- Select a Japanese server and connect to it.
- Check your IP address via a website like WhatIsMyIP.network to make sure a change has been made.
- As of now, you can surf the Internet with your Japanese IP address as if you are in Japan.
ExpressVPN is one of those most popular VPNs on the market because it offers fast connections, excellent security, and an easy-to-use software. With ExpressVPN, you get access to their massive network of servers, which covers more than 1500 servers in 145 locations in 94 different countries, including 2 servers at 2 different locations in Japan. Meaning, you can get an IP address from Japan or from any of the other 93 countries. For more information on other service providers, check out the table below.
Why Need a Japanese IP Address?
Whoever said getting a Japanese IP address is not easy is mistaken. With a VPN service provider, it’s like the easiest thing in the world. The reasons why one would want to get a Japanese IP, however, differ from one person to the other. Let’s have a look-see, shall we? You need a Japanese IP address to
- Get better security: You can protect yourself from hacking attempts and scams on public WiFi.
- Get around censorship: If you live somewhere with heavy internet censorship, then using a VPN would allow you to get around this censorship and browse the web as freely as you can in Japan.
- Protect your privacy: Prevent third parties from observing you or recording information about what you do online.
- Download safely: Avoid fines and prosecution when torrenting by using a VPN.
- Access geo-restricted content: Unblock Japanese content like Rakuten and Animax.
- Get an anonymous identity: You getting a Japanese IP address is like getting a whole new identity. An identity so secretive, no one can find out who you really are. You can then browse the web with a peace of mind. With a combination of a VPN and a selection of privacy tools, it’s possible to remain anonymous online.
Get a Japanese IP Address Outside Japan
Using a VPN is by far the best, most secure and private way of getting a Japanese IP address outside Japan. You’ll just have to subscribe to a VPN service provider- one that works best for Japan– and you’ll be virtually transported there. It’s simple, it’s effective, and it’s fast! So, go ahead, get that Japanese IP address and then let us know what you used it for.