It’s that night of the year where Hollywood legends and bright young newcomers compete for the most prestigious prize in the industry: the iconic golden statuette. The Oscars will be taking place on February 9th, 2020, at the Dolby Theatre in Hollywood, Los Angeles, California. Fans of the Big Screen wait on an annual basis to see the grandest ceremony. Therefore, here’s how you can stream the 92nd Oscars live anywhere in the world.
How to Watch Oscars 2020 Live Online
- 1 Oscars 2020 – Official Broadcasters
- 2 Oscars 2020 – Stream Live Anywhere
- 3 Watch the 92nd Oscars on Kodi
- 4 Watch the Academy Awards on FireStick
- 5 The Devices You Can Use
- 6 The 92nd Academy Awards (Oscars 2020) – The Ceremony
- 7 Watch the 2020 Oscars Live Anywhere – Final Words
Oscars 2020 – Official Broadcasters
No matter where you reside, there’s always an official broadcaster for the Oscars. That’s how popular the ceremony is across the globe. People in the US are now used to streaming the event on ABC Go.
But the question is, can those outside the country do so? Simple answer, definitely yes. There are several streaming channels in specific countries acting as official broadcasters to the Oscars.
However, all the channels we’ll be mentioning today are geo-restricted to their respective region. In other words, if you don’t live in these countries, you won’t be able to watch the Oscars.
You see, streaming channels have copyright laws, which forces them to restrict their access to a specific location. They can determine yours by examining your IP address.
If you’re not within the area of coverage, you’re getting blocked. But that’s a problem we’ll be fixing shortly. For now, take a look at the official Oscars broadcasters below:
- ABC (USA)
- CTV (Canada)
- Channel 7 (Australia)
- DStv “M-Net Premiere” (South Africa)
- Sky Go (UK)
- Presieben (Germany)
- Canal+ (France)
- Sky Italia (Italy)
- Okko TV (Russia)
- OSN (Middle East)
- Hotstar (India)
To find a solution, we needed to address the problem. And now that we did that, let’s help you unblock any of the aforementioned channels in your region, wherever it is.
Oscars 2020 – Stream Live Anywhere
As we mentioned, your IP address is the main reason you’re getting blocked by those channels. Let us give you an example. ABC Go is only available in the United States, which means that it requires an American IP address.
Well, if you live abroad, a US IP is exactly what you lack. As a result, the channel will terminate your access and give you an error message that looks like this:
“You appear to be outside the United States or its territories. Due to international rights agreements, we only offer this video to viewers located within the United States and its territories.”
However, if you change your IP, you can seem to be browsing the web from any part of the world, particularly in one of the channels’ supported regions.
This process is easily done with the use of a Virtual Private Network. It’s a cybersecurity tool that reroutes your traffic through a dedicated server in a country of your choosing.
The moment you connect, the VPN will encrypt your data (extra security) and mask your IP address (extra anonymity), assigning you a temporary one based in the region where the server is located. Consequently, you’ll be able to access whatever service/website restricted to that territory.
For example, if you connect to a US server, you’ll obtain an American IP address. Eventually, you can stream the likes of ABC and other US-restricted channels no matter where you physically are.
the 92nd Oscars Live-Stream Anywhere – The Steps
Connecting to a VPN server is not that hard of a task. Just follow the steps below, and you’ll be watching the Oscars live in no time:
- First, you must sign up with a VPN service. According to our evaluation, ExpressVPN is highly recommended.
- Next, download and install the VPN application on the device you’re using. You’ll find clients on Android, PC, Mac, iOS, as well as Amazon Fire Stick.
- Now, run the app, sign in with your credentials, and head over to the server list.
- Connect to a server based on the channel you’re using:
- US server for ABC.
- UK server for Sky.
- Canadian server for CTV.
- Australian server for 7Plus, etc…
- Launch the channel’s website or application.
- Watch the 2020 Academy Awards live anywhere.
We rank VPN providers based on a strict evaluation process. ExpressVPN happens to have all the qualities you need to protect your device, maintain your privacy, and unblock hundreds of streaming services around the world.
While each channel supports a wide range of devices (not all VPN-compatible), ExpressVPN has a Smart DNS feature that allows you to unblock them on the likes of PS4, Chromecast, Xbox, PlayStation, and more.
However, ExpressVPN isn’t the only provider capable of doing so. You can check other top VPNs with a free Smart DNS service in the table below.
Watch the 92nd Oscars on Kodi
Are you a Kodi user? Do you want a way to watch the 2020 Oscars live on the popular streaming platform? Well, that can be arranged. You see, Kodi is well known for having hundreds of add-ons that grant you access to official channels around the world.
But today, the Oscars Ceremony is our main focus. Now you can find ABC Family’s add-on on Kodi, but that’s not what we’re looking for. We need full access to ABC’s live streaming, and that can only be managed through the USTVNow add-on.
On the other hand, USTVNow requires a subscription if you want to stream certain live channels. However, ABC is part of its free plan, which means that you’ll be able to watch the Oscars without having to pay a penny. How to do so? Follow the steps below, and you’re done.
- Go to USTVNow’s Official Website.
- Click on the “Sign Up” icon on the top right of the screen.
- Next, submit your Email, Name, Last Name, and Password.
- Don’t use your Facebook account; just create a new one with your own desired credentials.
- Once the details are entered, hit Sign Up.
- Check the box that says Agree to their terms and conditions.
- The channel will send you an email to finalize the process.
- You now have a free USTVNow account.
- As we mentioned, ABC is part of the free plan. If you want access to more channels, upgrade your plan.
- Finally, stream the 2020 Oscars for free.
Installing the USTVNow Add-on on Kodi
Now that you have yourself an account, let us teach you how to install the USTVNow add-on on your Kodi application:
- Run the Kodi application and head over to Add-ons.
- Do you see that Opened Package icon on the top left? Click on that.
- Next, click on “Install from Repository.”
- On the next page, select the “Kodi Add-on repository.”
- Choose “Video Add-ons.”
- Scroll down until you find the USTVNow’s Add-on.
- Now, click on Install.
- Once done, head back to Video Add-ons and activate USTVNow.
- Sign in with your username and password.
- Submit email first.
- Next, enter your password.
- It will ask you to restart your Kodi. Do so in order to proceed.
- Now you can watch the 2020 Oscars live for free.
Please note that much like the channels mentioned above, Kodi add-ons are also geo-restricted to specific countries. It has it in the name, so you probably already know that USTVNow is restricted to the United States only.
So, just like the case with ABC Go, all you have to do is use a Virtual Private Network, connect to an American server, and you can watch USTVNow anywhere in the world.
Watch the Academy Awards on FireStick
Fire Stick is one of the most popular streaming devices in the world. It allows you access to dozens of streaming services by downloading their official applications on the platform.
As for the channels broadcasting the Oscars, you’d be thrilled to know that ABC has a dedicated application on Fire Stick. So, it should be easy to stream the ceremony.
Here’s what you need to do:
- On the Firestick Home screen open the search tab.
- Type ABC app and hit the search icon.
- Select the ABC app in the search result.
- Choose the Get icon to start the downloading process.
- Once the download is complete, tap Open to launch the app
- Now, when you activate the app, an activation code will be required.
- On a PC or mobile, launch a web browser and enter the following URL: go.com/activate.
- Submit the activation code on your FireStick, and click Continue.
- Finally, choose your TV provider, and you’re all set.
As we mentioned above, ABC is only available in the US, which means you’ll also have to use a VPN to bypass regional restrictions in this case.
However, on FireStick, it’s so much easier as the likes of ExpressVPN have dedicated apps for the platform. You can simply set up a VPN connection of Amazon Fire Stick, select an American server, and access ABC anywhere.
The Devices You Can Use
The best thing about streaming channels is that they allow users to watch their content on a wide variety of devices. No matter what channel you choose to use, here are some of their supported platforms:
- Apple TV
- Fire Stick
- Smart TVs
- Android TV
- Xbox 360
- Xbox One
- Apple TV
- Apple TV
- Fetch TV
- Samsung TV
- Apple TV
- Android TV
- Samsung Smart TV
- Apple TV
- Samsung Smart TV
- Xbox One
- iPod Touch
- Apple TV
The 92nd Academy Awards (Oscars 2020) – The Ceremony
This year’s ceremony will take place on February 8th, 2020. However, it’s not that different from the previous one. Remember when Kevin Hart was pulled from hosting the 91st Oscars due to his comments about the LGBTQ community on Twitter.
Well, as it turned out, the 2019 Oscars was a success without a host, and this one will definitely show the same results as well. To give you an inside look at what to expect in the upcoming ceremony, here are a few of the nominees:
- Ford v Ferrari – Peter Chernin, Jenno Topping, and James Mangold
- The Irishman – Martin Scorsese, Robert De Niro, Jane Rosenthal, and Emma Tillinger Koskoff
- Jojo Rabbit – Carthew Neal, Taika Waititi, and Chelsea Winstanley
- Joker – Todd Phillips, Bradley Cooper, and Emma Tillinger Koskoff
- Little Women – Amy Pascal
- Marriage Story – Noah Baumbach and David Heyman
- 1917 – Sam Mendes, Pippa Harris, Jayne-Ann Tenggren, and Callum McDougal
- Once Upon a Time in Hollywood – David Heyman, Shannon McIntosh, and Quentin Tarantino
- Parasite – Kwak Sin-ae and Bong Joon-ho
- Martin Scorsese – The Irishman
- Todd Phillips – Joker
- Sam Mendes – 1917
- Quentin Tarantino – Once Upon a Time in Hollywood
- Bong Joon-ho – Parasite
- Antonio Banderas – Pain and Glory as Salvador Mallo
- Leonardo DiCaprio – Once Upon a Time in Hollywood as Rick Dalton
- Adam Driver – Marriage Story as Charlie Barber
- Joaquin Phoenix – Joker as Arthur Fleck / Joker
- Jonathan Pryce – The Two Popes as Cardinal Jorge Mario Bergoglio
- Cynthia Erivo – Harriet as Harriet Tubman
- Scarlett Johansson – Marriage Story as Nicole Barber
- Saoirse Ronan – Little Women as Josephine “Jo” March
- Charlize Theron – Bombshell as Megyn Kelly
- Renée Zellweger – Judy as Judy Garland
Best Supporting Actor
- Tom Hanks – A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood as Fred Rogers
- Anthony Hopkins – The Two Popes as Pope Benedict XVI
- Al Pacino – The Irishman as Jimmy Hoffa
- Joe Pesci – The Irishman as Russell Bufalino
- Brad Pitt – Once Upon a Time in Hollywood as Cliff Booth
Best Supporting Actress
- Kathy Bates – Richard Jewell as Barbara “Bobi” Jewell
- Laura Dern – Marriage Story as Nora Fanshaw
- Scarlett Johansson – Jojo Rabbit as Rosie Betzler
- Florence Pugh – Little Women as Amy March
- Margot Robbie – Bombshell as Kayla Pospisil
Best Animated Feature Film
- How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World – Dean DeBlois, Bonnie Arnold, and Brad Lewis
- I Lost My Body – Jérémy Clapin and Marc du Pontavice
- Klaus – Sergio Pablos, Jinko Gotoh, and Marisa Román
- Missing Link – Chris Butler, Arianne Sutner, and Travis Knight
- Toy Story 4 – Josh Cooley, Jonas Rivera, and Mark Nielsen
Best Original Song
- “I Can’t Let You Throw Yourself Away” from Toy Story 4 – Music and Lyrics by Randy Newman
- “(I’m Gonna) Love Me Again” from Rocketman – Music by Elton John; Lyrics by Bernie Taupin
- “I’m Standing with You” from Breakthrough – Music, and Lyrics by Diane Warren
- “Into the Unknown” from Frozen II – Music and Lyrics by Kristen Anderson-Lopez and Robert Lopez
- “Stand Up” from Harriet – Music, and Lyrics by Joshuah Brian Campbell and Cynthia Erivo
Best Visual Effects
- Avengers: Endgame – Dan DeLeeuw, Matt Aitken, Russell Earl, and Dan Sudick
- The Irishman – Pablo Helman, Leandro Estebecorena, Stephane Grabli, and Nelson Sepulveda
- The Lion King – Robert Legato, Adam Valdez, Andrew R. Jones, and Elliot Newman
- 1917 – Guillaume Rocheron, Greg Butler, and Dominic Tuohy
- Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker – Roger Guyett, Neal Scanlan, Patrick Tubach, and Dominic Tuohy
Watch the 2020 Oscars Live Anywhere – Final Words
The Oscars Ceremony is the most attractive night of the year, where superstars in the movie industry get awarded for the amazing jobs they did in the past year.
Now, everyone can tune in and watch the event no matter where they are located on the map. You have the solution; it comes in the form of a Virtual Private Network. So, in case you don’t have an official broadcaster in your company, you can now unblock any of the channels on the list with a push of a button.
Do you think that Leonardo Di Caprio will get his second Oscar? Which movie will score the Best Picture award? Share your predictions in the comments below.