On Saturday, November 23rd, 2019, Venom will take on The Punisher at the SSE Arena in London, England. No, it’s not a MARVEL clash, this is Bellator London 2, a real-life action-packed event that will give you the needed MMA weekend dosage. Luckily, the event can be streamed online and I’m here to fill you in with the how, what, and when. Here’s how you can watch Bellator London 2: MVP vs. Melillo live anywhere.
How to Watch Bellator London 2 Live Online
- 1 Bellator London 2 – Local and Global Streaming
- 2 MVP vs. Melillo Live Anywhere – Geo-Problem Solved
- 3 Bellator London 2: MVP vs. Melillo
- 4 Stream Bellator London 2 Live Anywhere – Final Thoughts
Bellator London 2 – Local and Global Streaming
As we’re accustomed, Bellator events will be broadcasted live on the streaming giant DAZN. You may not know this, but DAZN is available on a global scale, covering nine countries.
However, Bellator rights only got to seven of them, which means you should exclude Spain and Brazil. Don’t worry, as DAZN has up to 4 million subscribers so far; you’ll get to join them when you’re done with this guide.
But before we get to the solution, we should probably shed some light on the issue at hand. DAZN applies geo-blocking – a defense mechanism to protect its rights in specific geographical locations.
So far, the Netflix of Sports is only available in the following countries. I’ve listed the subscription prices, as well.
- Austria: (119,99€/Year, €11,99/Month)
- Italy: (€9,99/Month)
- Switzerland: (12.90CHF/Month)
- The United States: ($99.99/Year, $19.99/Month).
- Canada: ($150/Year, $20/Month)
- Germany: (119,99€/Year, 11,99€/Month)
- Japan: (¥1,750/Month)
- Brazil: (R$37,90/Month)
- Spain: (9.9999€/Year, 9,99€/Month)
As I mentioned, Bellator events won’t be available in Spain and Brazil. You see, DAZN can determine your location by examining your public IP address. Once it figures out you’re not within its area of coverage, it’ll terminate your access instantly. Oh, trust me, you’ll know that you’re blocked by witnessing this frustrating error message:
“DAZN isn’t available in your country.”
The reason why I like DAZN is that Bellator MMA events are included within your subscription. You don’t need a long term cable deal to get its content, you just pay one of the subscription fees above, and you’re done. Also, it covers a wide range of devices such as Android, iOS, PC, Mac, Chromecast, Roku, Apple TV, Xbox, PlayStation, FireStick, and Smart TVs.
A New Streaming Player in Town
DAZN isn’t the only broadcaster anymore. The Bellator promotion introduced its own streaming service to act as a global broadcaster for its fights. Fans around the world, say goodbye to preliminary-card tape delay and stateside fans, get ready to stream main-card fights.
The new streaming service will show preliminary fights live all around the world. However, main card matches will remain local to the United States. If you want to watch them, you should sign in with your cable provider, which includes the likes of Frontier, AT&T, Verizon, Dish, and more.
If you’re a US traveler with an active cable subscription, you’ll lose your access once you leave the country. But as I mentioned, I’m going to help you out with that issue as well. So, whatever service you prefer, the following part will fix your problem.
MVP vs. Melillo Live Anywhere – Geo-Problem Solved
Your IP address dictates what you get to access online. DAZN requires certain IP addresses to operate. But let’s focus on DAZN US for now as it has most of the content. To watch DAZN, you must reside within the United States, or at least, appear to be there. Oh yeah, you can do that if you make use of a Virtual Private Network.
Best known as a VPN, this cybersecurity tool gives you a higher degree of protection and privacy as you’re surfing the web, whether at home or outside, using public networks. It does that by rerouting your traffic through a private tunnel, encrypting it in the process. As a result, your data will be protected, and your identity will be cloaked.
Also, a VPN can relocate you to appear in a different country, depending on the server you connect to. Once you establish a connection, you’ll take on an IP address in the region where the server is based. For example, if you connect to a US server, you’ll obtain an American IP address. Consequently, you’ll be able to access DAZN and other US-based streaming services/websites no matter where you are.
The same goes for the Bellator app. If you connect to a US server and sign in with your TV provider’s credentials, you can stream the main card live wherever you are.
The Steps – Venom vs. Punisher Globally
Here’s what you need to do to unblock the channels and stream Bellator London 2 live anywhere:
- First, subscribe to a VPN service. You can check out ExpressVPN as it’s the number 1 provider on the market.
- Next, get their dedicated application and install it on your device.
- Sign in with your VPN credentials and open the server list.
- Connect to a US server (For both DAZN and Bellator App)
- Launch DAZN or the Bellator App.
- Stream MVP vs. Melillo live wherever you may be.
I recommended ExpressVPN based on personal experience. I’ve tested dozens of providers before, but I was very intrigued by what this one has to offer. It has more than 3000 servers across 94 countries.
Ultimate security is a walk in the park for ExpressVPN courtesy of military-grade encryption, over-the-top security protocols, split tunneling, kill switch, and strict no-logging policy. If it didn’t turn out to be what you’re looking for, check the following, and pick an alternative.
Bellator London 2: MVP vs. Melillo
Bellator London 2 was supposed to be headlined by MVP and Derek Anderson. However, Anderson had to withdraw from the fight due to injury. But we did get a suitable replacement in the form of The Punisher, Giovanni Melillo.
The fight will take place on November 23rd, 2019, live in the SSE Arena, London. We can tell that MVP is pretty psyched about the match as well as confident. Here’s what he had to say:
“This is the best I have ever felt in training, this is the fittest I have ever been. I’ve been smashing it on the machines, hitting all my personal bests. I’m sparring exceptionally well, I feel too good to really care who is across the cage from me. I just feel sorry for whoever it is. I don’t know Giovanni’s character or personality but I always expect the best from my opponents – I expect him not to give a s*** who is across the cage from him. He has everything to gain.”
This will be Melillo’s Bellator debut, so he has nothing to lose, but a lot to gain. You don’t want to start your new career with a loss. Overall, Giovanni is a little match 5’11” for the long and lanky 6’3” Page, who is looking to add another highlight-reel knockout to his long list of finishes.
MVP vs. Melillo headlines the card, but let’s take a look at what else is coming your way come November 23rd, 2019:
- Michael Page (15-1) vs. Giovanni Melillo (13-4)
- Fabian Edwards (8-0) vs. Michael Shipman (13-2)
- Terry Brazier (11-2) vs. Soren Bak (12-1)
- Charlie Ward (7-3) vs. Pietro Penini (8-1-1)
- Denise Kielholtz (3-2) vs. Sabriye Sengul (Pro Debut)
- Kent Kauppinen (11-5) vs. Andy Mazolo (22-6)
- George Tokkos (4-0) vs. Kevin Fryer (7-3)
- Charlie Leary (16-10-1) vs. Tim Wilde (12-4)
- Aiden Lee (7-4) vs. Damian Frankiewicz (9-2)
- Robert Whiteford (15-4) vs. Sam Sicilia (17-10)
- Alfie Davis (12-2) vs. Alessandro Botti (15-10)
- Walter Gahadza (18-4) vs. Lewis Long (16-5)
- Akonne Wanliss (3-1) vs. Tim Barnett (7-3)
- Raphael Uchegbu (1-0) vs. Shane Campbell (Pro Debut)
- Chris Bungard (14-5) vs. Benjamin Brandier (11-6)
- Nathan Rose (6-2) vs. Harry Hardwick (4-2)
- Jeremy Petley (12-8-1) vs. Tom Mearns (5-1)
- Charlotte McIntyre (Pro Debut) vs. Josie Blaber (1-0)
Stream Bellator London 2 Live Anywhere – Final Thoughts
With Bellator visiting London this Saturday, MMA lovers will get to see fan-favorite Michael Page as he takes on Giovanni Melillo, who took the fight on short notice as he will be making his promotional debut.
Now you know how a VPN helps you stream the fight anywhere. If you have any questions or you want to submit some predictions, kindly do so in the comments below.