The new F1 season is set to begin at the Australian Grand Prix on the 15th of March, 2020. A host of paid and free streaming channels will broadcast all Formula 1 races online. However, all of the channels are restricted to specific locations. But in this guide, we will show you how to get them to operate in your region with a push of a button. So, without further ado, here’s how you can watch Formula One 2020 live anywhere.
How to Watch Formula 1 2020 Live Online
Formula One 2020 Streaming Channels
Formula One is one of the biggest sports in the world. If you’re a fan, you must have come across several streaming options around the world.
Well, that’s true as there a dozen official broadcasters for Formula One all around the world. However, these channels only operate in specific countries, which means that some of you, be it travelers or ex-pats, might not be able to watch this season due to regional restrictions.
You see, online streaming channels depend on your location in order to allow you access. If you live outside their area of coverage, you’re not getting in.
How do they determine your location? Well, once you try to stream a channel, it will examine your IP address and pinpoint your exact whereabouts. It’s alright as we’ll be going to fix this issue later on in the article.
As for the time being, here are the official free/paid Formula 1 streaming services:
- F1 TV (Global)
- ESPN (United States)
- Sky Sports F1 (UK)
- TSN (Canada)
- Fox Sports (Australia)
- TV3 (Denmark)
- Sky Deutschland (Germany)
- Sky Italia (Italy)
- Hotstar (India)
- SuperSport (South Africa)
- Sky NZ (New Zealand)
- Canal+ Sport (France)
- Channel 4 (4oD) (UK)
- ORF (Austria)
- SRF (Switzerland)
- Network Ten (Australia)(Only Highlights)
- TF1 (France)
Whether paid or free, none of these channels is accessible outside their countries of origin. Geo-restrictions forbid international and unauthorized access to them, which can be very disappointing.
You’re more than likely to receive blockades and error messages with such unlawful attempts. Unless you are located where the channels are based, the chances of you accessing these services are pretty slim.
The lists above are not for nothing, your chances at removing the restrictions imposed on these channels are high if a VPN or Smart DNS is involved. These two tools are the driving forces behind the unblocking of geo-restricted content as they can make any overseas content at your disposal in no time.
How to Watch Formula One 2020 Live with VPN
If you try to watch F1 on Channel 4 live while you’re not in the UK, you will be met with this geo-error.“The service is currently not available in your area.” The same will happen if you attempt to stream Formula One through any of the free streaming channels listed above.
The only way you’ll be getting the car racing event streaming on your device regardless of your location is by connecting to a VPN server in a different location. This way you’ll trick these channels into believing that you are in the location you chose to connect to and be a part of. You’ll get a UK IP address in no time as well as get to prove to these channels that you are in the UK, even when you are not.
- What you need to do first is subscribe to a VPN. I advise you to away from free VPNs. They probably don’t work and can do a lot of harm to your device.
- Secondly, you have to create your VPN account.
- Now, download and install the VPN app from the provider’s website.
- Activate the app and then connect to a UK VPN server.
- Acquire a British IP address and appear to be in the UK.
- With this approach, you get to unblock any channel you want regardless of where you are.
Best VPN for F1 2020
The VPN that made all possible is ExpressVPN. I cannot recommend this VPN enough times. Words don’t do this provider justice. Its large extensive network with thousands of optimized servers are very easy to connect to from any place around the world. The servers are everywhere. You can find a server almost anywhere, which says a lot about its versatility.
Other than that, its high-quality services and steady performances have made this VPN a household name today. If ExpressVPN doesn’t fit your requirements, you can check out others in the table below.
Stream F1 2020 Free Live Online with Smart DNS Proxies
The beauty of using a Smart DNS lies in its fast speeds. A VPN is fast, but it has to pass data through encrypted tunnels, causing some delay. Whereas, a Smart DNS does none of that.
Instead, it only reroutes the traffic that determines your geolocation through one of its designated servers, making you appear somewhere you are not. While you’re not as safe as you would be with a VPN, you’ll be able to access whatever channel or service you reach out for.
Speed being an important element in the unblocking process, security is something you must not take tightly. However, if you’re not this security-conscious person, you’ll find in a Smart DNS a helpful unblocking tool. Here’s what you need to do:
- Examine Unlocator and then sign up for a free 7-day trial.
- Following these videos/setup tutorial are essential to configuring a Smart DNS on your streaming device.
- Lastly, head on over to Channel 4 website or launch the 4OD app.
- Now, you can watch the 2020 Formula One free anywhere.
The reason why I advise you to make use of Unlocator is that it’s hard to find a Smart DNS that stays true to what it has to offer. In fact, it’s the only Smart DNS that allowed me to get the channels and services that I wanted. Thanks to Unlocator, I was able to watch Channel 4 live abroad. The company’s free 7-day trial means that is a risk-free experience with a lot to gain and nothing to lose.
Formula One 2020 Schedule
Here’s the full schedule of the 2020 Formula 1
- 15 March – Australian Grand Prix
- 22 March – Bahrain Grand Prix
- 5 April – Vietnamese Grand Prix
- 19 April – Chinese Grand Prix
- 3 May – Dutch Grand Prix
- 10 May – Spanish Grand Prix
- 24 May – Monaco Grand Prix
- 7 June – Azerbaijan Grand Prix
- 14 June – Canadian Grand Prix
- 28 June – French Grand Prix
- 5 July – Austrian Grand Prix
- 19 July – British Grand Prix
- 2 August – Hungarian Grand Prix
- 30 August – Belgian Grand Prix
- 6 September – Italian Grand Prix
- 20 September – Singapore Grand Prix
- 27 September – Russian Grand Prix
- 11 October – Japanese Grand Prix
- 25 October – USA Grand Prix
- 1 November – Mexican Grand Prix
- 15 November – Brazilian Grand Prix
- 29 November – Abu Dhabi Grand Prix
How to Watch Formula 1 2020 Free Live Online?
So, who do you think will be crowned as the new F1 champion this year? Will it be Hamilton, Alonso, Verstappen, or Ricciardo? Make sure you have ExpressVPN or Unlocator set up to not miss any race of the 2020 Formula one season live online.
Which device are you going to use? Let us know in the comment section below.