How to unblock and watch HBO Now outside the US – Smart DNS Proxy or VPN
How to unblock watch HBO Now outside the US – VPN
Acquiring an American IP address also allows you to unblock HBO Now outside US. VPN enables you to get a US IP address in UK, France, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, Canada, Germany, or anywhere else. In order to do so, you’ll have to connect to an American server provided by the VPN provider you’re using. This will spoof your online location and points you exactly where HBO Now needs you to be to grant you access to its premium catalog. Here’s a more comprehensive step-by-step process:
- Sign up with a VPN provider.
- Download and install the VPN client on your streaming device.
- Sign in with your VPN account and connect to a US server.
- Launch HBO Now.
- Watch HBO’s original content anywhere outside the United States.
There are quite a lot of good VPN providers to choose from. However, from tests I have done I deduced that ExpressVPN is providing the most reliable speeds at the moment. More importantly, they do provide an unlimited30 day money back warranty. If you want to know more, check out this table of the best VPNs for HBO Now.
Top VPN Benefits
A Virtual Private Network is an internet tool that redirects your internet traffic through a remote server around the world. If you’re looking for a good VPN, certain features must be included to guarantee you the perfect online experience. From the number of servers to the security aspects it includes, all should be taken under consideration. So, with that said, here’s what a VPN does:
- VPN channels all of your traffic through a US VPN server. Thus, you’ll unlock US Netflix, CBS All Access, Sling TV, FXNow, WWE Network, Hulu Plus, and all other US-only channels.
- You can use VPN apps on your PC, Mac, Android, iPhone, or iPad. If you want to unblock HBO Now on Apple TV, you have to install VPN on a VPN-enabled router instead.
- VPN encrypts all your traffic. While this increases online privacy and security, it does slow down your Internet speed a bit.
How to Get HBO Now App in the UK, Australia, Canada, outside the USA
HBO Now is currently offering a free month of HBO. However, you do need to download and install the HBO Now app to sign up. In case you live outside the USA, follow the guides below to download and install the HBO Now or HBO Go app on your streaming device. Make sure you’re connected to a VPN server first.
- How to Get HBO App on iPhone, iPad
- In order to be able to install US app on iOS devices, you have to sign up for an American iTunes account first. Follow this guide to sign up for an American Apple ID without the need for a credit card.
- Get HBO App on Android
- Essentially, you have to change your Google Play Store region to the USA. This will enable you to install American apps on your smartphone or tablet.
- Get HBO App on Xbox One
- In order to install HBO on your Xbox One, you have to change your gaming console’s region to the USA first. Follow these instructions.
- Get HBO App on PS4/PS3
- To install American apps on your PlayStation console, you need to create an American PSN Account. Here’s how you can sign up for a US PlayStation Network account.
- How to install American apps on Apple TV
- As with iOS devices, you have to create a US Apple ID account to access the American iTunes store on your Apple TV. Use these steps.
- How to Get HBO App on Roku
- Here’s how you can sign up for a US Roku account and ultimately get American channels on your Roku streaming device.
- How to Install HBO on Samsung Smart TV
- Follow this guide to change your Samsung Smart TV region to the USA. Afterward, you can add US channels such as HBO GO, Amazon Prime, Vudu, and Hulu to your Smart TV Hub.
- Install HBO on Sony Smart TV outside the USA
- Go through this guide to change your Sony Smart TV country to the USA and install American apps on it outside the US.
- Install HBO app on Fire Stick
- In order to be able to add American apps to your Fire TV, you have to set up an American Amazon account using a US credit card and address. Once done, use that account to sign into your Fire TV Stick.
HBO NowSmart DNS Proxy to watch outside the US
The HBONOW.com website states that “HBO Now is only accessible in the U.S. and certain U.S. territories.” In order to bypass these regional restrictions, you have to trick HBO Now into thinking you’re located in the US. Smart DNS can hide your true location from HBO. Once you enter the DNS codes you acquired from a Smart DNS proxy service, you’ll be able to watch HBO overseas.
- Smart DNS allows you to unblock geo-blocked channels from multiple regions simultaneously. Watch HBO Now and UK’s Netflix simultaneously.
- Your Internet speed will not be reduced by any means.
- iPhone, iPad, Apple TV, Windows PC, and Mac are all compatible with Smart DNS.
- While using Smart DNS, you get to keep your IP address. This is very useful if you tend to visit websites that are exclusively available in your region.
Before signing up for any Smart DNS proxy service, verify that it has HBO Now listed under its unblocked channels. Unlocator, for example, supports HBO Now in addition to 197 other streaming services. Take a look at their videos and installation guides. You can also benefit from their free 7-day trial.
HBO Now – Devices
The launch date is set for April 2015 for a price of around $14. At launch, HBO’s video on demand service will be available on.
- Apple TV
After the exclusive deal with Apple is over, HBO Now will probably be made available on other streaming devices like Android, Chromecast, Google Nexus Player, Amazon Fire TV, Smart TV, PS4, and Xbox.
Best TV Shows/Series on HBO
HBO promises to deliver some interesting content.
- Game of Thrones
- Silicon Valley
- The Wire
- True Detective
- True Blood
- Tonight with John Oliver
HBO Now outside USA – Unblock/Watch Abroad
As always, feel free to leave a comment below if you have any question about how to unblock and watch HBO Now outside the US using Smart DNS proxy or VPN.