ITV has revolutionized UK TV with its quality programming and has gained great popularity with The Chase, the most successful daytime show ever. The Chase is a British television quiz show broadcast on ITV and hosted by Bradley Walsh. It features contestants who play against a professional quizzer, known as the chaser who attempts to prevent them from winning a cash prize. The highly anticipated show is restricted to UK viewership only, meaning people outside the UK can’t watch the popular game show. Two solutions, however, can fix that problem and they are Virtual Private Networks and SmartDNS proxies. Read on to learn how you can get ITV unblocked outside the UK to watch The Chase on any streaming device using a VPN and Smart DNS.
How to watch the Chase on ITV outside the UK
How to Watch The Chase on ITV Outside the UK Using a VPN
When you try to access ITV Hub in the USA, Germany, France, Spain, Portugal, Australia, Canada etc. an error message pops up. This is basically because ITV Hub streaming services are geo-blocked based on the IP address that users are connecting with. You must be a local resident physically located in the UK and connecting from within the country in order to access ITV. Despite those restrictions, users living outside the UK can make use of a VPN to access ITV and watch The Chase. It’s really the easiest thing to do if you follow the steps below.
- The first thing you need to do is sign up for a VPN service.
- Next, you create a VPN account.
- Download and install the VPN app on the device which you want to play The Chase on.
- Launch the app and connect to a VPN server in the UK.
- After you connect to a UK server, you’ll be provided with a temporary Britsih IP address that makes it look like you’re located in the UK.
- Now that you have a British IP, you can easily access ITV and watch The Chase any time you please.
With ExpressVPN, everything is possible and all kinds of content can be made available to you. This service provider is jam-packed with great features, best in class encryption, and tempting offers. ExpressVPN’s excellent usability and strict “No Logs” policy are just a fraction of why this provider is leading in the market. Take a look at the other service providers listed in the table below.
How to Watch The Chase Outside the UK Using a Smart DNS
Smart DNS proxies and VPN perform similar functions but not necessarily in the same ways. While a VPN does encrypt and re-route all of your traffic, a Smart DNS only re-routes the traffic that identifies your geographic location. That’s where the term “Smart” came from. Another word that would suit a Smart DNS is fast for not having to encrypt all the users’ data. Here’s more about a Smart DNS :
- All you need to do is change your DNS server on the device you want to support “iPad, iPod, iPhone, Android, PS, Xbox, Wii, Apple TV, Roku, WD etc“, or your router for full support on your home network.
- Your traffic is not encrypted, this means less protection but a bit more speed. Additionally, Smart DNS only supports sites listed on the providers’ channel list. This includes normally the most commonly used entertainment sites though.
- You can watch multiple regions at once. For example, ITV or BBC Iplayer as UK TV content and Canalplus as French content, while enjoying US Netflix. All using the same configuration.
How to Watch The Chase Season 12 Live Online
This is a Quiz show where four contestants must pit their wits against the Chaser, a ruthless quiz genius determined to stop them winning the cash prize. A team composed of four contestants individually try to collect as much money as possible, which is later added to a prize fund if the contestant survives their individual chase. The chaser must try to catch and eliminate each contestant during their individual chase to prevent the money from being added to the collective prize fund. In the final round, contestants who survive their individual chases play collectively as a team against the chaser for an equal share of the prize fund. The Chase is shown daily at 5 pm on ITV and goes head-to-head with Pointless on BBC One.
Some of the most popular ITV TV shows include:
- Britain’s Got Talent
- Celebrity Juice
- Champions League
- Coronation Street
- Doc Martin
- Downton Abbey
- Family Guy
- Good Morning Britain
- I’m a Celebrity.. Get Me Out of Here!
- The Jeremy Kyle Show
- The Jonathan Ross Show
- Judge Rinder
- Loose Women
- Midsomer Murders
- The Only Way is Essex
- Paul O’Grady: For the Love of Dogs
- Premiership Rugby
- Saturday Night Takeaway
- This Morning
- The X Factor
- You’ve Been Framed!
Watch The Chase on ITV Outside the UK
It is a game of chase that can only be viewed on ITV, one of the oldest channels in the United Kingdom. Shows, the likes of The Chase have made ITV a favorable television network and a fierce competitor to BBC. If anyone wants to watch The Chase and is currently outside the UK, he/she has to install the VPN or SmartDNS to witness the race. If the chaser achieves the same number of steps that the contestants delivered before time is up, then the contestants lose their prize fund. However, if two minutes pass and the contestants are not “caught” yet, they win the prize fund. The prize fund is equally divided between all contestants that were not eliminated before the Final Chase. It’s a thrilling game show you wouldn’t want to miss in any part of the world so better get a VPN or Smart DNS real quick.