Le Grande Boucle anyone? If you’re familiar with the term, you’re a true cycling fan. Let’s sum it up. We’re talking about Tour de France 2019 which will commence on July 6th all the way to July 28th, 2019. However, although the race is popular around the globe, unfortunately, not everyone can watch Tour de France online in their country due to geo-restrictions. Yeah, I found out the hard way. But don’t worry, I also happen to know a workaround to the issue. If you’re stuck without a way to watch the race live online, follow my guide and learn how to stream Tour de France 2019 anywhere.
How to Watch Tour de France 2019 Live Online
- 1 Tour de France Streaming Channels
- 2 First Step – Create your free ITV Account
- 3 Watch Tour de France 2019 Live Online using VPN
- 4 How to Stream Live Free with Smart DNS
- 5 What You Need to Know About the Race
- 6 The Official Preview
- 7 How to Watch Tour de France 2019 Free Live Online?
Tour de France Streaming Channels
The streaming channels we’re about to mention are geo-restricted to their own countries. In other words, they only operate inside these regions.
If you approach the service from a different country, it will block your access on the spot. You see, streaming services can determine your location by examining your IP address. But don’t worry, we’re going to fix this issue later on in this article.
For now, you can stream the 2019 Tour de France live on the following channels:
- iTV (UK)
- SBS (Australia)
- L’Equipe (France)
- Sky Sport (New Zealand)
- Rai Play (Italy, Free)
- NBC Sports (USA)
- RTVE (Spain, Free)
- SuperSport (Africa)
- DAZN (Japan)
- Sportsnet (Canada)
- Fubo TV (USA, Free 7-Day Trial)
- beIN Sport (The Middle East)
- Eurosport (Pan Europe)
First Step – Create your free ITV Account
If you want to unblock geo-restricted channels, you must use a VPN. To help you out, even more, I’m going to show you exactly how to do so. But we need an example, no? Why not make use of a free channel like ITV.
If you’re going to access any of these channels anyways, it better be a free one. Therefore, here’s how to create a free ITV account:
- Go to ITV’s official website.
- On the main page, click on the“Sign In”.
- After that, you’ll find two options. The obvious choice would be “Sign Up”.
- On the next page, you’ll be asked for your credentials. Enter whatever is required. As for Postcode, use this without quotations “WC1X 0AA”.
- Now, agree to ITV’s terms and conditions.
- Finally, select “Submit”.
Alright, so you have created an account. Wait for an email asking for confirmation. Follow the link in that email and you’ll successfully activate your free ITV account. But there’s more. Remember, having an account doesn’t give you access to the channel’s content. If you’re abroad, you will still get this geo-error message:
“We’re sorry. ITV Hub is only available to viewers in the UK.”
All that is about to change once you scroll down a bit further.
Watch Tour de France 2019 Live Online using VPN
I’ve tried to watch the race before and I had the same problem as you do now. However, I found a way to circumvent geo-restrictions. Before we begin, let me tell you what a VPN is.
A VPN is an internet tool that secures your data and hides your identity online. When you connect to a server, you’ll obtain an IP address valid in the country where the server is available. And that’s all you need.
If you connect to a UK server, you’ll appear as if you’re in the United Kingdom. That way, you get access to ITV no matter where you physically are.
Here’s how you can stream Tour de France on ITV anywhere:
- To kick it off, you need to subscribe to a credible VPN service. Based on reviews and personal experience, I recommend ExpressVPN.
- Download and install their VPN application on the device you wish to stream Tour de France on. You’ll find apps available on MacOS, Windows PC, iPhone, iPad, as well as FireStick.
- Activate the VPN application and search for a UK server.
- Once you find one, hit connect.
- Now, launch ITV‘s website or use their dedicated application.
- Finally, stream the 2019 Tour de France from anywhere in the world on ITV.
If ITV isn’t your choice, you can follow the same process according to the channel’s location. You can access the likes of L’equipe, SBS, and Sportsnet if you connect to a French, Australian, and Canadian servers respectively.
Now, let’s take a look at the best VPNs to watch Tour de France 2019 live online.
How to Stream Live Free with Smart DNS
Alternatively, you can use Smart DNS proxy to unblock geo-restricted channels outside their area of coverage. Smart DNS reroutes the URLs that showcase your current location only. As a result, your IP address remains the same and no data encryption occurs. Of course, this one has a downside as it doesn’t protect you when you’re browsing the web.
However, with your IP intact, you get to keep your local channels fully functional even when you’re watching restricted channels from abroad.
You can watch the 2019 Tour de France live by following these steps:
- In my years as a reviewer, one Smart DNS service has caught my attention so far. That’ll be Unlocator.
- Sign up for their service and benefit from their 7-day free trial.
- After that, configure Smart DNS by following the Setup Guides presented on the website based on the platform you’re operating.
- Your final step would be to launch ITV or any other channel that you’ve chosen.
- Oh, one more thing, enjoy Tour de France anywhere.
If we were to speak about the best Smart DNS services to use, Unlocator would be at the top of the food chain. You get a 7-day free trial to test out there service. Not to mention that you’ll also be able to unlock more than 250 channels around the world. What more could a streamer ask for?
What You Need to Know About the Race
Here’s everything you need before you start watching the race live online:
These are the teams participating in the 2019 edition of Tour de France:
- AG2R La Mondiale
- CCC Team
- EF Education First
- Team Dimension Data
- Team Ineos
- Team Jumbo–Visma
- Team Katusha–Alpecin
- Movistar Team
- Team Sunweb
- UAE Team Emirates
Below the full schedule of the 2019 Tour de France:
- Brussels (Belgium) to Brussels (Belgium) via Charleroi (Belgium) (Flat Stage)
- Brussels-Royal Palace (Belgium) to Brussels-Atomium (Belgium) (Team time trial)
- Binche (Belgium) to Epernay (Flat Stage)
- Reims to Nancy (Flat stage)
- Saint-Dié-des-Vosges to Colmar (Medium Mountain Stage)
- Mulhouse to La Planche des Belles Filles (Medium Mountain Stage)
- Belfort to Chalon-sur-Saône (Flat Stage)
- Mâcon to Saint-Étienne (Hilly Stage)
- Saint-Étienne to Brioude (Medium Mountain Stage)
- Saint-Flour to Albi (Hilly Stage)
- Albi to Toulouse (Flat Stage)
- Toulouse to Bagnères-de-Bigorre (High Mountain Stage)
- Pau to Pau (Individual Time Trial)
- Tarbes to Col du Tourmalet (High Mountain Stage)
- Limoux to Foix (Medium Mountain Stage)
- Nîmes to Nîmes (Flat Stage)
- Pont du Gard to Gap (Medium Mountain Stage)
- Embrun to Valloire (High Mountain Stage)
- Saint-Jean-de-Maurienne to Tignes (High Mountain Stage)
- Albertville to Val Thorens (High Mountain Stage)
- Rambouillet to Paris (Champs-Élysées) (Flat Stage)
Le Tour de France 2019 Route Map
Want to see how the road goes in this cycling race? Check out the map below:
The Official Preview
Here’s a quick look at what the route looks like:
How to Watch Tour de France 2019 Free Live Online?
Just like the guide above stated, there is no shortage of free official Tour de France streaming channels. Just in case you live in a region where these channels are geo-blocked, all you need is a geo-spoofing service such as ExpressVPN or Unlocator. Let me know which one you decided to go with and if it met your expectations come July 6th in the comment section below.