Note: This help guide contains basic info about Smart DNS and VPN. If you think you’re already accustomed to these methods, feel free to directly get a VPN connection via ExpressVPN. Then, simply select a US VPN server and you’re done. Alternatively, you can go to Unlocator if you prefer Smart DNS proxies.
How to Watch Xfinity Stream Outside the US
- 1 Access Xfinity Stream outside the USA using VPN
- 2 Unblock/Watch Xfinity Stream Go outside the USA using Smart DNS Proxies
- 3 Xfinity Stream Compatible Devices
- 4 Channels Included in Xfinity Stream’s Library
- 5 Smart DNS and VPN – Access International Channels
- 6 Xfinity Stream Go outside USA – How to Unblock
Access Xfinity Stream outside the USA using VPN
I tried to stream This is Us on the Xfinity Stream a while ago, this is the geo-error message I got since I don’t hold an American IP address: “This video cannot be played.”
A virtual private network, better known as VPN, gives you the ability to change your local IP address to a foreign one of your own choice. This becomes possible because all your traffic gets rechanneled through a server located abroad. By faking your location, VPN will make Xfinity think you’re actually located in the USA. I’ve summed up VPN’s feature for you.
- VPN is easy to set up. Sign up. Choose a VPN server abroad. Access geo-blocked content from around the world.
- VPN protects your online activity by stopping governments and employers from monitoring and dictating what you do online.
- VPN masks your IP address and lets you go online anonymously.
- Even if your ISP does use DNS hijacking or Transparent Proxies, VPN will still work just fine.
Keep in mind that the absence of a VPN client on some devices means that you need to set up a VPN on a VPN enabled router instead. Xbox, Smart TVs, and PlayStation are all examples of devices that are not VPN compatible.
In order to watch Xfinity Stream outside the US, the following steps should be taken:
- First, sign up with a credible VPN provider. ExpressVPN is highly recommended.
- Download and install their VPN application on a compatible device. You’ll find clients for Android, iOS, PC, Mac, as well as Fire Stick.
- Sign in with your VPN account and connect to a US server.
- Wait a few seconds for the connection to take place. You’ll notice a green “Connected” button.
- Launch Xfinity Stream and watch the best shows from premium channels wherever you are.
Advisably, choose a VPN provider such as ExpressVPN that doesn’t keep logs of your online activity and has no bandwidth restrictions. Reliable VPN providers offer VPN applications for iPhone, iPad, Android, Windows and Mac PCs and a 24/7 support.
Unblock/Watch Xfinity Stream Go outside the USA using Smart DNS Proxies
If you try to access Xfinity content from outside the US, you’ll get a message that says “Sorry, playback is unavailable. Videos on XFINITY Stream can only be viewed from within the US. (Error 310: This content cannot be accessed outside of the US)”. Smart DNS allows you to get full access to all Xfinity Stream content outside the USA. By configuring DNS settings on your streaming device to those of a Smart DNS service, you can unblock Xfinity in addition to other geo-blocked channels. Smart DNS does have more to offer.
- You will experience no slowdown in your Internet speed when using Smart DNS.
- Smart DNS is compatible with most streaming devices. Windows/Mac PCs, iPhones/iPads, Android Smartphones/Tablets, Xbox, and Smart TVs.
- Smart DNS allows you to watch content from various regions at once. You may stream Xfinity Sream and UK’s Now TV, BBC Iplayer simultaneously for example.
- Smart DNS makes it possible to retain your local IP address while accessing geo-blocked content from abroad.
- Smart DNS’s only downside is its ineffectiveness when an ISP uses DNS Hijacking or Transparent Proxies.
There are many Smart DNS service providers on the market. Having tried a handful of them, I prefer Unlocator. Unlocator provides approximately 120 unblocked online channels. They also have videos/setup guides and a free no-strings-attached 7-day trial you can take advantage of.
Xfinity Stream Compatible Devices
Xfinity Stream is available on these streaming platforms.
- iOS devices (iPhone/iPad/Mac)
- Android Smartphones and Tablets.
- Samsung Smart TVs
- Xbox 360
- Windows PC
Channels Included in Xfinity Stream’s Library
You’ll find content on Xfinity from several channels. Here are the top ones:
- CNN (Spanish)
- ESPN (Spanish)
Smart DNS and VPN – Access International Channels
By setting up Smart DNS or VPN, you can unblock any geo-blocked channel you want.
- Amazon Instant Video
- Hulu Plus
- HBO Go
- WWE Network
- NBA Game Time
Xfinity Stream Go outside USA – How to Unblock
Hopefully, this help guide gave you a better idea about Smart DNS and VPN. Both methods allow you to bypass geographic restrictions and access online services from all over the world. Which method you choose is totally up to you. Please leave a comment below in case you need further assistance.