How to Reduce Latency in Division 2
Apparently, lagging is a common frustrating circumstance that brings online gamers to a point where they feel like the experience is not worth it anymore. Here’s to hoping Division 2 won’t join the other games that suffer the unfortunate lag. In other good news, there are ways to reduce Divison 2 lagging- should it exist. Learn exactly how in the article below.
How to Reduce Division 2 Lag
What is Lagging?
Lagging usually occurs as a result of slow cellular or Wi-Fi connection. Having many apps downloaded on your computer or smartphone can also be a potential factor in the lagging crisis. The most common type of lag is caused by network performance problems. Game lagging is associated with the consumption of bandwidth by thousands of users on a regular ISP server at a specific time. Perhaps, your system may not be able to send and receive enough data due to a slow and unstable Internet connection. Consequently, the game slows down to a stop, which infuriates avid gamers who are in the middle of carrying out an attack or completing a mission.
Lagging is the delay between the player’s action and the server’s reaction that is supporting the game. A high ping level can make it very hard for the player to play as a result of the occurring negative effects. The lower one’s ping is, the less lag the player will experience. Conversely, a high ping refers to a ping that causes a severe amount of lag. Getting a VPN- the best VPN for Divison 2 can surely help you overcome latency and lagging problems.
Why Need the VPN in Division 2?
The game is still in its early access, and the servers are not 100% ready yet. This explains why there’s lagging, frame rate drops, and disconnections. The game’s lag is from the Ubisoft servers because as we said, it’s it its early access. Day 1 patch is available upon release to fix the issue as we speak. A game devoid of bugs and glitches does not exist. This makes lagging an inevitable and unwelcomed hitchhiker messing up the gaming experience. It’s that kind of technical problems that ruin the game for players and discourage them to play over and over again. A lag can cost the player the game where he/she gets booted from it due to an irresolvable lag and a slow server. Players might experience extreme lag, as well as frame rate drops, and overall poor gameplay experiences.
The game might run very slow as opposed to how it is supposed to be, which can make up for a miserable time for gamers. Despite the official times of the game’s release, there are servers up in other regions, including Australia and New Zealand. Some overly excited players are making use of a VPN’s services to make it look like they’re located in Australia or New Zealand, so they could start playing Division 2 early. As with any game at launch, servers get overloaded, and the game becomes unplayable. This is when a VPN can come in handy.
A VPN with Division 2
Subscribing to a VPN also allows you to hide your Internet traffic from your ISP, preventing your connection from getting throttled or getting your access to gaming servers blocked. A VPN allows you to easily connect to one of its high-speed servers no matter where you are in the world. Having one will enable you to:
- Play on a high-speed network.
- Purchase new games early.
- Decrease the level of latency and lag.
- Bypass and prevent ISP from throttling your internet connection.
- Ensure security and accessibility.
- Switch between servers.
How to Fix Lag in Division2 Using a VPN
In order to reduce lag in Division 2, you need to follow two steps. First, you have to pinpoint your current ping in relation to the Division 2 servers:
- First, head over to this website.
- From the list of regions, choose the region that is closest to your actual location.
- Once that is done, click on ‘Ping’.
- You will get a result in milliseconds. Note it down.
You now know your ping times; it’s time to fix your Division 2 lag. Here’s what you need to do next:
- Sign up with a VPN service provider. Make sure that your VPN provider has a considerable number of VPN servers scattered around the world.
- Next, set up the VPN application on your PC, Mac, Android, or iOS device.
- From within the application, connect to a VPN server close to your real location.
- Re-do the ping test you’ve done earlier.
- Your ping time should be drastically reduced.
If you didn’t reach the required results, simply connect to a different VPN server. Generally speaking, the closer the VPN server is to your true location, the better.
Best VPN for Division Lag 2
ExpressVPN is the ultimate choice for a VPN to use with games of high latency levels. The company has combined its VPN service with a Smart DNS feature to protect your privacy and unblock access to a wide range of content all over the world. You can run the software on all platforms like Windows, Mac, Linux, iOS, Android, Amazon Fire TV, and router.
ExpressVPN has proven to be efficient thanks to its optimized speeds and fast connections. Having ExpressVPN installed, you can play Division 2 without any complications or technical difficulties. If you are unsure of which VPN service provider you should go for, have a look at the table below that features other VPN options.
Extra Tips on Reducing Lag
For a lag-free Divison 2 gaming experience, you’re going to have to improve your ping and lower your latency. Check out these tips below:
- Connect your PC to the router using an Ethernet network cable, this will stabilize your Internet connection. A wired Internet connection is generally better than a WiFi connection when it comes to online gaming.
- Go to game settings and lower the Resolution, Anti-aliasing, Shadow Quality, Texture Quality, and Virtual Sync.
- Close files or activities that take up a lot of ram and bandwidth. Stop downloads when possible.
- Consider enabling the QoS feature on your router for it prioritizes traffic so that more important traffic can pass first.
- Contact your internet service provider. Some ISPs have special pools for online gaming.
- Reboot your network hardware by unplugging your router and modem for 30 minutes.
- Disconnect other devices like tablet PCs, mobile phones, and other online devices.
- Switch your Nate type from ‘Restricted’ to ‘Moderate’ or ‘Open’. This has a tremendous effect on your download speeds and gaming experience, especially if you’re using a PS4 or Xbox One.
- Close background processes (for both Windows & Mac gamers), such as Antivirus upgrades, Windows Updates, and Torrent clients and Download Managers.
How to Reduce Division 2 Lag – Conclusion
As with any game, issues are inevitable despite developers efforts to test and prevent them. Performance issues are gamers’ worst nightmare as they can make a gameplay experience horrible. Plaguing Division 2 are frame rate and optimization issues, which are the result of overloaded servers. You’re more likely to experience these issues as more and more players access the game. If you wish to avoid all of that, all you have to do is get a VPN. With that being said, which VPN are you going to go for? Let us know in the comment section below.